What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Lady's Green Beans


Well, another baby in the Sunday school class, and another meal in the books for them. I roasted this new family a chicken (which, I will remind myself never to do again, because I have great fear that they cut into it and found some undercooked pieces...even though I checked with the meat thermometer a bajillion times), Championship Potatoes, these green beans and a delicious Turtle Pie (recipe coming). This recipe of green beans is my mother in law's recipe and they are so good. I even served them for Easter this past year.

Lady's Green Beans

8 slices bacon
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 medium onion, diced
1/2 c. vinegar
2 (16 oz.) cans French style green beans (I've also used kitchen sliced but prefer cut green beans)

Fry bacon, reserving drippings. In drippings, saute onions and add sugar and vinegar, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Drain beans and mix with liquid mixture. Place in 2 quart casserole. Crumble bacon and sprinkle on top of casserole. Cover and bake at 275 for 1.5 hours.

No comments: