What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Monday, February 7, 2011

Chicken and Brown Rice Soup

Freezes well!!
Today, The Bun and I took dinner to a lady from church who recently had some surgery.  I had been waiting for the perfect opportunity to make some new recipes that Tossie had emailed me a while back she had at BUNKO and today was the day.  We made this soup, Sour Cream Muffins, and Peanut Butter Bars.  Tos also sent me a recipe for Blueberry Banana Cobbler, but since I was only needing single serving items, I decided against it.  This soup is some good stuff!  I had to use 2 cans of cream of chicken since mushrooms were one thing mentioned as a dislike and it was good, but next time I will make it with the mushroom soup just to see the difference.  I made it yesterday and when I went after it today, the rice must have soaked up a lot of the moisture overnight.  To fix that, today I added almost 4 more cups of chicken broth to return it to it's "soupy" state.  Just a heads up that you may have to do that. 

Chicken and Brown Rice Soup

5-6 chicken breasts, diced and cooked
2 cans cream of mushroom
4 c. water
1 pint half and half
30 oz. chicken broth
4 Tbsp. butter
2 c. brown rice
salt and pepper, to taste

Simmer 45 min-1 hour or until rice is done

No comments: