What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Cucumber Salad

I make a cucumber salad for my dad that has cucumber, tomato and onion.  I was looking for something a little different because it isn't my favorite.  I apparently love the vinegar a pickle offers, so this salad has hit the spot and made me enjoy eating the cucumbers from my garden.  I've only stumbled on using jalapeño pepper because that is what I had and threw it in there.  I love Famous Dave's pickles, so this accomplishes that without the trouble of canning pickles.  If you don't like heat, just use dill.

Cucumber Salad

4 cucumbers (I only used 2 because my cucumbers are a loooong variety), peeled and thinly sliced
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
1 c. vinegar
½ c. water
¾ c. sugar

In a small saucepan, bring vinegar, water and sugar to a boil until sugar is dissolved.  Pour over thinly sliced vegetables and chill.

**I've also just remembered that I do like taziki sauce, so maybe I like cucumbers more than I realize.

No comments: