What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Sunday, November 5, 2017

Alabama Firecrackers

This is something that I've been making for the past year and just realized I've not shared it here when I was looking for the recipe just now.  These crackers are like magic, because the oil doesn't leave the crackers soggy.  Don't know the science behind it, but these are so addictive.  Perfect little snack for any tailgate or a dressed up cracker for soups.

Alabama Firecrackers

6 sleeves saltine crackers (not off-brand)
1 packet ranch dressing mix
1 3/4 c. canola oil
2 tsp. dill
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes

Remove crackers from sleeves and line up like dominos in an air-tight container with a lid.  In a small bowl, combine oil and seasonings, stirring well.  Pour mixture evenly over crackers.  Put lid on and immediately invert container upside down.  Every half hour continue flipping right side up and upside down.  Shake ever so slightly, if necessary.  Once all the oil is absorbed, the crackers are ready to eat.  Approximately two hours.  

**I renamed these Alabama firecrackers because I saw the same recipe referred to by Southern Living as Alabama instead of Texas.  What can I say...I'm an Alabama home-r.

No comments: