What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Salmon and Eggs

If this doesn't gross you out, then welcome to The Dish Washer's family. Every Thanksgiving, the men's breakfast includes salmon and eggs. He loves it! Because he loves it, I had 2 cans of salmon sitting in the pantry for him. This weekend, he busted them out. The funny thing is, when we were in D.C., our hotel had continental breakfast for us...not the blueberry muffin, dry cereal, bagel regular, but a little more variety with fresh ingredients. One of the things they offered was smoked salmon, so I decided to get The Dish Washer some scrambled eggs and smoked salmon thinking it would be the best Salmon and Eggs he has ever had. NO!! It wasn't the same as canned salmon.

To quote Shelby from my most favorite movie, Steel Magnolias: "Remember what Daddy always says - an ounce of pretension is worth a pound of manure!" I love that The Dish Washer will take me nice places, but still loves that canned salmon! That is who we are...I even ate canned chicken that same day!

Salmon and Eggs

Canned salmon, be sure to pick bones and skin
eggs
pepper

Mix together and scramble!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How many eggs to a can of salmon? I think that your dad would like this.