What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Tri-Colored Pasta Salad

James Spann has taken over my TV for the night, so I thought I would give an Easter food blog since I haven't done that yet. We had a great Easter with The Dish Washer's family, and as usual, had way too much to eat. While the big girl were hunting Easter eggs, I got to love on Little Brother, who I am renaming The Burrower because he LOVES to burrow his little face into the elbow fold of your arm. Then he will pull a free arm over his head to block out the light. It is the funniest thing! We had ham, macaroni and cheese, peas, hashbrown casserole, grape salad, green beans, devilled eggs, dinner rolls and sweets-a-plenty! In addition to making the hashbrown casserole, I also made this pasta salad. It is really very good and is a recipe of my mother-in-law. She made it once when I went home with The Dish Washer...we were still dating. I've had the recipe ever since, but she also included it in the handwritten cookbook she gave me one Christmas.

Tri-Colored Pasta Salad

1 bag tri-colored pasta
1 pint Miracle whip
1 c. water
1/2 c. vinegar
1 c. sugar
1 medium onion, grated
1/2 tsp. celery salt
1/2 tsp. tumeric
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
4-5 eggs, boiled and chopped

Cook pasta according to directions, drain well. Mix miracle whip, sugar, onion and seasonings well. Add water and mix well or whisk to blend. Add vinegar. When dressing is well blended, add pasta and eggs. Cover and refrigerate, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate overnight.

No comments: