What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Freezer Sandwiches

I made these for the first time right after Price was born, looking for an easy meal to grab in a hurry.  And then I forgot about them.  Until now.  We get home from church really late and by the time we walk in the door, everyone is tearing down walls trying to get something to eat.  Even if I rely on the crockpot, there is usually something else to do before we eat and I just don't have time for it.  So, I've loaded the freezer with these sandwiches and set them to bake while we are on our way home.



Freezer Sandwiches

1 stick butter, melted
3 Tbsp. mustard (I've used spicy brown and dijon, so choose your favorite)
2 Tbsp. prepared horseradish
2 Tbsp. poppy seeds
8 hamburger buns
1 lb. ham, thinly sliced (I like a sweet ham to cut the spice of the mustard and horseradish)
8 slices swiss cheese

Mix together butter, mustard, horseradish and poppy seeds until smooth.  Open the buns and spread the sauce on the inside of both sides of buns.  Lay ham on bottom piece and cheese on top piece of bread.  Close up and spread sauce on top of bread bun.  Wrap in foil and freeze.

When ready to eat, bake at 400 for 30-40 minutes.

No comments: