What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Monday, November 16, 2009

Taco Meatloaf


It's no secret around here that we love meat! All kinds from pork to chicken to beef. Tonight The Dish Washer requested a meatloaf, but I really didn't feel like making one that I have already made. 1. We didn't have all the ingredients for some of those. 2. I wanted to make something quick and easy! After doing some research, I found a similar recipe in my sister-in-law's church cookbook. I made my own changes and we now have another meatloaf winner! Of course, The Dish Washer then has to quote the movie Wedding Crashers.






It is funny when he says it. He asked tonight what I would do if our boy grows up to demand the meatloaf! :) This is going to seem like a lot for 2 people, but I love to freeze already made meatloaf for those days I am feeling lazy in the kitchen.

Taco Meatloaf

2 lbs. ground beef
1/2 c. bell pepper, chopped
1/2 c. onion, chopped
1 can whole kernel white corn, drained
1 packet taco seasoning
1-1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
2 eggs
1 c. salsa
french-fried onions

Preheat oven to 375. In a saucepan, saute onion and bell pepper in olive oil. When close to being done, add can of corn to get the flavor. In a large bowl, mix beef, veggie mixture, taco seasoning, cheese and eggs all together. Form into 2 loaves and place in greased pans. Top with half of the salsa on each loaf. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and drain off grease. Add french-fried onions. Bake for an additional 10 minutes. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.

1 comment:

Teena in Toronto said...

Yum! Yum! Yum!

I made meatloaf yestersday with ground chicken ... all I did was mix black bean and corn salsa with it. It was delish!