What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

French Silk Chocolate Pie


Two weeks ago I had a tonsillectomy, so food and I have not been friends.  In fact, I was hardly able to enjoy Thanksgiving.  Blessing or curse?  Not sure!  I made this pie for our Thanksgiving lunch because I thought it would be easy on my throat...and it sure was good.  This is my mother in law's recipe and I never even attempted to make it because I thought it must be too complicated.  It was a piece of cake (or pie) and I even made my own whipped cream to go on top.

***This does contain raw egg, so be warned pregnant ladies!!  (And other people who wish to not eat raw egg.)***

French Silk Chocolate Pie

1/2 c. butter, room temperature
3/4 c. sugar
5 Tbsp. cocoa, plus 1 Tbsp. butter, room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 graham cracker crust

In bowl, cream butter, gradually add sugar, creaming until light.  Blend in cocoa, 1 tbsp. butter and vanilla.  Add 1 egg at a time, beating 3 minutes after each egg on medium speed.  (I used speed 6 on my kitchen aid mixer).  Pour into graham cracker crust and chill overnight.  Top with whipped cream when ready to serve.

No comments: