What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Chocolate Billionaires



We've been in full Christmas candy making mode around here in the hopes of delivering our gifts to our neighbors this week.  I've made what has become my usual Christmas gift of White Trash and decided to give this new recipe a try.  I've never had them before that I can remember, but they are good.  I wanted something for the chocolate lovers.

Speaking of billionaires, have y'all heard that Jessica Simpson has a reported $3 million contract with Weight Watchers to lose weight after she has her baby?  Dear Weight Watchers, I will cut you a deal and just take $500,000 to lose weight after I have this baby...who am I kidding?  I'll just take $50,000!  Think of the money I will save you...and I am more relatable!!

Chocolate Billionaires

1 (14 oz.) pkg. caramels
3 Tbsp. water
1-1/2 c. pecan pieces
1 c. rice krispies
1 pkg. chocolate bark (plus 1/2 pkg. if needed)

In a microwave safe dish, heat caramels and water until caramel are soft and consistency is smooth.  (I did 1 minute intervals.)  Add in pecan pieces and rice krispies.  Drop by teaspoon onto wax paper covered tray.  Place in fridge for caramel to harden, about 30 minutes.  Melt chocolate according to package directions.  Cover each caramel piece in chocolate using fork to roll and dip.  Place on wax paper and allow chocolate to harden.

Makes 3 dozen.



No comments: