What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Thursday, December 4, 2008

White Trash


Tomorrow is our Christmas supper club with Sunday school. We will be playing Dirty Santa and I decided to make one of our gifts. This would allow me to also have something to give our hostess and her family. This recipe made so much that I would be able to have those two gifts plus two more that I plan to give to our neighbors. I stuffed a lot in each container, but I could have made even more smaller packages. Y'all try this if you are looking for a yummy gift to give for Christmas this year.

White Trash

2 c. rice chex cereal
2 c. corn chex cereal
2 c. cheerios
2 c. salted peanuts
2 c. plain M&Ms
1-1/2 pkgs. white almond bark

In a large bowl, combine first 5 ingredients. Melt almond bark according to package directions. (I used the double boiler directions this time.) After melting, quickly mix all ingredients with almond bark. Once thoroughly mixed, lay out on wax paper to cool. Break apart to package.
**Note: Not made by white trash! (I think!)

3 comments:

Jordan & Hannah Self said...

This was sooo delicious! Definitely not made by white trash :). Your blog is so fun!

Lara Tidmore said...

Hey-
I made this earlier this week-it is very yummy! After I found the almond bark in the store, it was very easy. Thanks for being such an inspiration to get in the kitchen---btw, I gave it to the custodians at church, I called it 'white delight' rather than trash :)
I also made the chex mix, and unfortunately I ate most of it-ugh! Jimmy was shocked that it was all gone this afternoon. I think I am going to make another batch tomorrow. Lara (aka Diana in training)

Diana said...

That's hilarious about "delight"! Tell Jimmy that not everything on the internet is bad...and that he actually benefits from it! ;)