What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pea Salad



Did you think I jumped ship?  I haven't.  In fact, I have done a lot of cooking, it has just been things I have already shared with you.  This pea salad originates with my MeeMaw.  When she is asked to bring food for family gatherings, it is usually pea salad.  (Her stove is turned off to keep her from burning down the house, so this requires little cooking.)  While her pea salad is good and I always look forward to eating it, I like to jazz mine up a little more.  She makes it much like a traditional chicken salad with mayo, eggs and relish.  She also uses canned peas, but I prefer to make mine using steamed peas for a little crunch.  Peas are one vegetable that, on occasion, we can seem to get The Bun to eat.  This is what I make with the leftovers.  There are no particular measurements, just how much of each thing you prefer.  (It is usually based on our leftovers...not too much mayo to pea ratio.)

Pea Salad

Steamed peas
Mayo
boiled egg, chopped or crumbled
cooked and crumbled bacon
chopped red onion
cheddar cheese
salt and pepper, to taste

In a bowl, combine all ingredients and chill before serving.

No comments: