What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Grandmama's BBQ Sauce

If you know my family, you know we are pretty famous for our rib cookouts.  Well, my Granddaddy is famous for his ribs and Grandmama is famous for her sauce.  I went on and on about it before The Jason ever met my family.  I think he didn't believe me that they are really so good!  Until he had them...then he was a believer.  This is my Grandmama's BBQ Sauce.

Grandmama's BBQ Sauce

2 lemon slices
1 c. water
1/2 c. vinegar
1 stick butter
Scant Tbsp. Salt
5 Tbsp. sugar
4 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp. mustard
1/2 tsp. pepper

In a saucepan, heat all ingredients on medium high heat for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.  Add 1 c. ketchup and stir until smooth.  Simmer 5 more minutes or until sauce is thickened.

No comments: