What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Classic White Frosting

For Miller's last birthday cake, I decided to change up from my usual buttercream frosting and do a shortening based frosting.  Initially I thought it was a mistake, but once I tasted it with the cake it was delicious and will be my new go to for birthday cake.  It was also perfect for decorating.

Classic White Frosting

2 c. shortening
8 c. powdered sugar
¼ c. heavy whipping cream
1 ½ tsp. vanilla (I used clear to keep it extra white)

In a mixer, blend shortening and powdered sugar until smooth.  Add in whipping cream and vanilla and whip frosting until it reaches desired consistency.

Add in favorite color drops or gels to make desired color.

No comments: