What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Friday, December 9, 2016

Apple Cheese

Recently I had a crowd of grandparents to feed and I decided to try this recipe on them.  It sounded so interesting to me, but I'm not the biggest of fruity desserts so I knew they would make good guinea pigs.  All of my guests loved it.  I served it straight out of the oven and unless you plan to serve it with ice cream, I would suggest giving it time to sit and cool slightly before burning their tongues off.

Apple Cheese

1 stick butter, softened
1 c. self rising flour
1 c. sugar
1 c. grated Velveeta cheese
40 ounces apple pie filling

Preheat oven to 375.  Butter 9x13 inch baking dish.  In a large bowl, combine softened butter and flour.  Mix in sugar.  Toss the grated cheese into the dough, stirring gently.

Pour the cans of apple pie filling in bottom of baking dish.  Sprinkle the lumps of dough evenly over apple pie filling.

Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.  Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes, or until dough turns golden brown.

No comments: