What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Friday, December 9, 2016

Marsala Carrots

Marsala Carrots

2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. butter
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ c. shallots, minced
1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced
1 tsp. salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
¼ c. marsala cooking wine

In a large skillet, over medium-low heat, melt the butter and olive oil.  Saute the shallots and garlic until tender.  Add the sliced carrots and salt and pepper.  Turn the heat to low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally until the carrots are tender, about 20 minutes.  Add Marsala wine and cook about 3 minutes more.

**This is how I would make them if you were coming over for dinner.  During the weeknights and as a regular side for my family, I omit butter and wine.  I also use onion instead of shallots, unless I have some on hand.  Basically, it would just be sautéed carrots.  It's my favorite way to eat carrots...outside of carrot cake!  HA!

No comments: