What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Monday, February 28, 2011

Deer Repellent

Deer are overcoming our yard!  Usually once a day we can look out and see anywhere from 1 to 9 deer in the yard.  And they are multiplying quickly!!  We have several neighbors that feed them and along the way, they stop to eat up our backyard.  They especially love my knockout roses, which I don't especially love.  They sell deer repellent at home supply stores, but why buy it when you can make your own.  I thought I would share if any of you have the same problem, because this really works well.  It isn't harmful to them or to us!

Deer Repellent

1 raw egg
garlic powder
water

In a large spray bottle, put egg and a generous sprinkle of garlic powder.  Fill with water and shake to combine.  Spray directly on plants you wish to keep deer out of.  Sometimes, I even pour on the ground as a perimeter.  Spray every 1-2 weeks depending on the weather.   

**Also, good news this week.  I've been cooking a lot of new recipes.  Be on the lookout this week.

No comments: