What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tangy Garlic Wings


The truth of this recipe is that I believe this would have been delicious.  However, I was cooking low on slow on the grill and the next thing I know I see flames shooting from the grill.  The chicken was completely charred.  It isn't always rosy in this kitchen.  But I did manage to taste the sauce before I put it on the chicken and I watched as it got thick and sticky on the chicken.  Man, I wish I hadn't burned it.  The original recipe calls for chicken wings, but I had thighs and drumsticks.  I think you can use it on any chicken you prefer.

**Made later and it is very good.  This time I chose to use boneless skinless chicken breast.

Tangy Garlic Wings

1 c. ketchup
1/2 c. melted butter
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. garlic salt
2 dashes hot sauce
4-1/2 pounds chicken wings

In a large bowl, combine first 7 ingredients.  Add wings, tossing to coat; chill for 4 hours.  Grill until done.

No comments: