What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Texas Onion Butter


I had two things on yesterday's agenda and that was to feed my mother in law who was visiting and use the green onions I had in the fridge before they went bad.  I succeeded in both with the help of this recipe.  I still had some Chicken and Brown Rice Soup in the freezer, so I decided we would eat that.  A great way to "fancy" up a casual meal is with bread and that's what I did.

Texas Onion Butter

1 stick butter, softened
1/4 c. green onion tops, thinly chopped
minced garlic, to taste

Combine all ingredients.  Place in refrigerator to set.  Spread on grilled or toasted bread. 

*I used French bread that I had on hand.  The original recipe calls for sourdough bread which would be delicious too.  Pretty flexible in your bread choices.

No comments: