What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Peanut Butter Haystacks


These cookies are my most favorite cookie in the world.  They are the easiest no bake cookie to make ever!  I have never shared them because I thought one day I would make millions off of them and need to keep the recipe secret (for real!), but I have decided that probably won't happen and even if it did there would be no need to keep it secret.  HA!  This is my Grandmother's recipe and anytime I take them anywhere, everyone always goes bonkers over them.  Our church collected snack foods to give to emergency workers as a thank you for what they do.  I decided I wanted to make them something special.  But then I got to thinking, I wonder if they eat homemade food from strangers?  Oh well, it was the thought that counts.

And if you make millions off of my cookie one day, remember this lady!!  :)

Peanut Butter Haystacks

1/2 c. light corn syrup
1/2 c. sugar
1 c. peanut butter
2 c. cocoa krispies

In a saucepan, heat syrup and sugar until bubbling.  Remove pan from heat and carefully stir in peanut butter until well combined.  Stir in cocoa krispies.  Drop by teaspoon onto wax paper and allow to cool.

No comments: