What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Squash Dressing Casserole


If you like squash casserole and southern Thanksgiving dressing, then this recipe is for you.  Another church cookbook winner.  I wanted to use up some green onions that I still had, so I used those instead of regular onions.  If I make it again, I will ONLY use regular onions.

Squash Dressing Casserole

2 lbs. yellow squash, sliced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 stick butter
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 c. Pepperidge Farm Cornbread Stuffing
1 (8 oz.) carton sour cream
salt and pepper to taste

Boil squash and onion until tender; drain.  Mix all ingredients.  Pour into greased 2 quart casserole dish;  bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.  

(I don't like dry dressing, so 30 minutes was plenty for me.  If you like a more firm, dry-ish dressing, you may want to bake yours a little longer.

No comments: