What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pumpkin Bundt Cake


Our church is a supporter of The Jimmie Hale Mission, a ministry to the homeless among other things.  Every month on Saturdays several volunteers go and serve lunch.  It has never worked our for us to go, but this week I received an email from the church asking for cake donations to be served this weekend.  It is the perfect opportunity for me to help out.  So today, we baked this cake.  It smelled delicious while baking and all the reviews said it was a very moist cake.  I love moist cake over dry poundcake any day of the week.  It reminds me of the Chocolate Chip Pound Cake. In fact, I thought about adding white chips to it but changed my mind last minute.  And I also love easy cakes that start with a mix!

Pumpkin Bundt Cake

1 box spice cake mix
1 small box butterscotch instant pudding
1/4 c. oil
1/4 c. water
4 eggs
1 c. pureed pumpkin

In a large mixing bowl, beat all ingredients on low speed to incorporate.  Turn up speed and beat for about 3-4 minutes until light and airy.  Pour into greased and floured bundt pan.  Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  Allow to cool in pan and then turn out on wire rack to cool completely.

No comments: