What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Friday, January 30, 2015

Oreo Ice Cream


This past fall, the hospitality committee at church (of which I am a part) hosted an old school Men's cake bake and ice cream social after an evening service.  I've always loved cake bakes, so I was a solid vote for this fun party.  My Granddaddy always made a German chocolate cake for the men's cake bakes at my childhood church.  It was a huge success and I took my go to favorite ice cream of Cake Batter Ice Cream.  But this oreo ice cream was my favorite from the night.  I was so glad to get the recipe to add to my ice cream arsenal.

Oreo Ice Cream

1 c. milk (always whole milk for rich ice creams!)
1 c. sugar
½ tsp. salt
1 ¼ c. half and half
1 tsp. vanilla
3 c. whipping cream
20-25 oreos, crushed

Scald milk until bubbles form around edge.  Remove from heat.  Add sugar and salt.  Stir until dissolved.  Stir in half and half, vanilla and whipping cream.  Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.  Add crushed oreos to chilled mixture and immediately freeze as directed.

Makes 2 quarts.

No comments: