What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Peach Cobbler

Last night we were invited to some friends' house for dinner. We haven't seen them in so long, so it was great to catch up! They had great news about a tiny, little one that will be joining their family in February. Can I just tell y'all that I think I know about 10 billion babies that will be born in January/February! Just kidding, of course, but it sure seems like it. We are super excited for them!! When asked what we could bring, they said bring dessert. Well, remember when I put up peaches? They were my "go to" ingredient, so I made a very quick and easy peach cobbler. Not The Dish Washer's favorite, crusty kind, but a good one none the less.

What the real Dish Washer favorite looks like!



We are very excited to be going to the first home game of the season today! We had planned to hit the road early, but it is raining at the house this morning, so we have enjoyed dragging our feet! I thought now would be a good time to post the recipe. I'm terrible about remembering to take pictures here lately. That's why you have an "After" shot!



Peach Cobbler
1 stick butter
1 c. sugar
3/4 c. self-rising flour
3/4 c. milk
1 (28 oz.) can sliced peaches in syrup, undrained ***



***I used my frozen peaches, so what I did was completely thawed them and let them drain. Then I ran some water over them to drain more. I put them back in a saucepan with 1 c. water and 1 c. sugar. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes. Set aside and this is your substitute for canned peaches. I've made it both ways.***



Preheat over to 350. Pat butter in deep baking dish and place in oven to melt. Mix sugar and flour; add milk slowly to prevent lumping. Pour over melted butter. Do not stir. Gently spoon peaches on top and pour in the syrup slowly. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes. (My oven had to go the whole 45 minutes.)



The only thing that I didn't have time to get was some vanilla ice cream to go with it!

2 comments:

Britni said...

Where did you get that adorable casserole dish?

Diana said...

I got it at Kitchens on the Square in Savannah, Georgia! It's a favorite dish!!