What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Monday, November 10, 2008

Mashed Cauliflower


I've been seeing recipes for mashed cauliflower popping up everywhere and I really wanted to try it. Everything I read says they are a great alternative to mashed potatoes. Last night for dinner was my chance. We loved it! The Dish Washer grilled our favorite garlic Dijon pork chops on the grill. I've added a picture, but it really isn't good because of how dark my kitchen is at night. You can even tell from the picture above. Certainly, I am not a photographer. I did put pretty chives from my herb garden on top hoping that would help, at least make it pretty!

Mashed Cauliflower

1 head cauliflower
milk, according to preference
butter, according to preference
salt and pepper to taste
cheese, optional

Cut the cauliflower stalks off so that all that remains are the florets. Place in pot and cover in water. I added bouillon cubes to add flavor. Once tender, mash and add other ingredients like you do to mashed potatoes. Don't feel limited in what you can add. I saw some recipes that called for white cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, or cream cheese. I even saw this recipe that calls for mayonnaise. I didn't try it tonight, but it sure was tempting!

We also had zucchini with parmesan. I'll add that recipe on Wednesday, because I have something special tomorrow.

(I'm typing all of this in on Sunday evening and scheduling it to post on certain days. That is very easy for me.)

No comments: