What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Homemade French Fries


I love homemade fries. Ever since I was little, this is how they were made. For Father's day, we were sent packing with some red potatoes from The Dish Washer's parent's garden. Even though he isn't thrilled about eating potatoes (and actually didn't eat one of these...the willpower he has is unbelievable!!) I made these to go with our hamburgers because I didn't want them to go bad waiting for The Dish Washer to eat them.
Homemade Fries
Potatoes (baking, red, etc.)
oil
seasoning
Slice potatoes into circles. I like to get them pretty thin so the fries get crunchy on the edges like chips. Fry in oil (I just put oil in a pot on the stove instead of deep-fryer) and cook until they are to your liking. Season with your favorite. Growing up we always just used salt, but now I love to put Tony Chachere's seasoning on them. So good! (So bad, but so good!!)

No comments: