What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Pimento Cheese

Are you ready for major updating on what's cooking? This will be a lot of posts in one day! Super Social Worker brought me some dip to try at the office that was very good and I figured I better get on here and acknowledge it if I ever want her to speak to me again! :) She got the recipe from Pioneer Woman and her recent pita chip recipe experiments. It was delicious and I didn't even have the pita chips to go with mine. Here's the link: Hot Olive and Artichoke Dip

--I was never a big fan of pimento cheese when I was growing up. It wasn't until The Dish Washer introduced me to the Hot Links with Pimento Cheese appetizer at Jim 'N Nick's that I really started to enjoy it. Since I liked it there, I decided to try the Toasted Pimento Cheese sandwich at Newk's and it is really very good. (Then I realized that sandwich has 900 calories in it and decided I better not be a regular partaker!) My favorite way is by far served with sausage, so I decided to attempt to make this at home. (As pictured above.) Mom had made some pimento cheese sandwiches for a party and recommended a very good recipe for pimento cheese, so I decided to try it and it was perfect. Here's the funny part of the story...I didn't actually have pimentos when I made it, so it is really just cheese but it accomplished what it was supposed to. This is what I used...

Bobby's Pimento Cheese

Our pictures look really different...don't know what's up with that! Mine seems more thick than creamy.

1 comment:

Robbie and Daniel said...

Diana - i think your pimento cheese looks yummy! I bet a grilled cheese would be good with that on it too. Robbie