What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Monday, August 31, 2009

Sour Cream Pork Chops

This picture is terrible and doesn't do the chop justice. I love my plates (Vintage Port by Casafina) but I have decided their color isn't the best for taking pictures of foods that are of the same color! I had made these pork chops one time before but it was so long ago that I couldn't remember if I liked them or not. I thought they were okay, but the boys (The Dish Washer and The Best Friend Cousin) said they loved them. Maybe they had one that was seasoned a little more than mine. Since The Dish Washer liked them so much, I guess I should make them again. The one thing for sure about them, they were very tender. I wish the "sauce" was a little thicker too. It will give me something to play around with next time. I can't even remember where this recipe came from. I have it written on a card, but it doesn't say who it is from.

Sour Cream Pork Chops

4 Pork Chops
salt and pepper
flour
2 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. sour cream
1 bay leaf
2 Tbsp. vinegar

Season pork chops with salt and pepper; dredge in flour. Brown in butter. Place pork chops in a baking dish. In same pan where pork chops were browned; add sugar, water, sour cream, bay leaf and vinegar. Bring to boil, pour over chops. Tightly cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1.5 hours.

No comments: