What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Green Bean and Corn Casserole


I think I have accomplished more in the first four hours of my day today than I have in the past 15 weeks! It finally feels good to get stuff done. I'm finally going to update a few more posts for later of food that we have been cooking, but I have been too lazy to post. The first is this yummy casserole that Tossie sent to me back in July. I finally made it last night for our supper. I didn't have some of the exact things that the recipe called for, so I improvised because Pregnant Girl had it on her mind and wanted nothing else!! I'm going to give the exact recipe, though, and hopefully you will have the right ingredients to try it. If not, do what I did and use what you have!

Green Bean and Corn Casserole

1 can (16 oz.) French style green beans
1 can (16 oz.) shoe peg corn
1 can cream of celery soup
1/2 c. sour cream
1/2 c. grated cheddar cheese
1/2 c. finely chopped onion
pinch of salt
1 stick butter
1 roll Ritz crackers, crushed
1/2 c. slivered almonds

Drain beans and corn. Mix together and put in large greased casserole dish. Mix soups, sour cream, cheese, onion and salt. Spread over beans and corn. Melt butter and mix with crackers and almonds. Spread on top. Bake 45 minutes at 350 uncovered!

So good! I served with pork chops that I will post soon!

No comments: