What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Monday, August 15, 2011

Hot Fudge Sauce


I had planned on making John's Apple Dumpling Delight last week for a gentleman who was doing repairs to our home, but learned that he wouldn't have time to lunch with us so I didn't make them.  What to do with the ice cream that I already bought to serve with the warm dumplings?  Hot fudge sauce!  I studied up on my hot fudge sauce over at Tasty Kitchen.  I settled on combining a couple of recipes based on what I had on hand.  It isn't as good as say, Dairy Queen, but it hit the spot.  Once I made it, I just used a recycled glass jar to store it in.  You want to be sure you put it in something that can go from fridge to microwave to reheat it.

Hot Fudge Sauce

1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 oz. unsweetened chocolate
3/4 c. water
1 tsp. vanilla

In a large saucepan, heat condensed milk, chocolate and water to a boil.  Stir constantly.  (Will seem super runny, but it will thicken up).  Continue stirring until mixture is smooth and thickened.  Remove from heat and add vanilla.

Serve warm.  Store in refrigerator.  (I don't know how long it will be good for??)

No comments: