What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Copper Pennies (Marinated Carrots)


I believe I tried a recipe for "Copper Pennies" sometime this year that never made it to the blog because it wasn't good.  It was served warm, though, so I think that is why I didn't care for it.  I really like this cold version, and I am a fan of all things sweet and sour.  This recipe is from my mother in law's community club cookbook and the ingredients are all things you have on hand to whip up a veggie for unexpected company.  Really yummy!  Now that I have had the good stuff, it really reminds me of the Sweet Potato Salad that I make.  This is just more saucy and obviously uses carrots.

Copper Pennies (Marinated Carrots)

2 cans carrots, drained
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 small onions, sliced and "ringed" out (meaning separate into individual rings)
1 can tomato soup
1/2 c. salad oil
1/2 c. sugar
3/4 c. vinegar
1 tsp. mustard
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
salt 
pepper

In a serving bowl, add carrots, bell pepper and onion.  Mix other ingredients really well and pour over carrots.  Cover and refrigerate over night.  Serve.

No comments: