What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Brown Sugar and Balsamic Slow Cooked Pork




This weekend was Pioneer Woman's first television episode.  Did you watch?  We were out of town so watched it on Tivo the following day.  Jason told me not to watch it without him because he wanted to see their ranch life.  Anything with cattle, he loves, and you better not fast forward through any of those parts.  I liked the show.  It's not like anything else on Food Network the way they produce it.  I think you either like it or hate it.  It does drive me crazy how she says balsamic (bal-SAM-ic)!!  Anybody else?  Anyway this is a recipe I first spied on Pinterest and the bal-SAM-ic made me think of her!  :)  I thought this was delicious.  I was worried that the glaze was going to be way too sweet for me, but the pork balanced that out nicely.

Brown Sugar and Balsamic Slow Cooked Pork

1 (2-pound) boneless pork loin
1 tsp. ground dried sage
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 clove crushed garlic
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
1/2 c. water
2 Tbsp. soy sauce


Mix together sage, salt, pepper, and garlic.  Rub the mixture over the pork. Add it to the slow cooker and pour 1/2 cup water in the bottom of the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.  


One hour before the pork is cooked, put the brown sugar, cornstarch, balsamic, water, and soy sauce in a sauce pan. Bring the mixture to a bubble over medium heat. It will get thick.  Pour half of the glaze over the pork. Reserve the rest to serve alongside.  Cook the pork for another hour.  Serve with the remaining glaze.

No comments: