What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Friday, September 2, 2011

Creamy Italian Chicken



Well, I have certainly posted plenty of recipes this week.  This is my last one, another crockpot recipe and yet another recipe floating all over Pinterest.  This was delicious and super easy to make.  I don't have anything new I am planning to make for the holiday weekend.  In fact, it is supposed to rain Sunday/most of the week from the storm.  Thankfully, we should have a dry home game tomorrow.  I am so excited about football season and super excited to be able to make it to a few more games this season than I did last year with a Tiny Baby Bun!  Roll Tide!!

Creamy Italian Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (mine were huge so I only used 3)
1 packet of zesty Italian dressing mix
1 can cream of chicken soup*
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese

In bottom of crockpot, place chicken breasts.  Cover with seasoning packet.  In a separate bowl, combine cream cheese and chicken soup.  Heat in microwave until cheese is melted and well blended with soup.  Pour over chicken.  Cover crock pot and cook on low for 5-6 hours.  Can go longer if you are away from the house.  Shred chicken into sauce and serve over rice or pasta.

*Some recipes I have seen say to use anywhere from 1-2 cans of cream of chicken soup, but I will tell you  that I think that would be way too soupy.  One can was definitely plenty.

--
And speaking of chicken, have you reserved your FREE Chick-fil-A breakfast yet?  The Dish Washer and I both have reservations.  Too bad you have to be 13 for a reservation or else The Bun would have one too.  I guess they have to make their money somehow.  They are my most favorite fast food restaurant.  Check to see if your restaurant still has available reservations here:  chick-fil-aforbreakfast.com 

No comments: