What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Monday, April 28, 2008

Roast with gravy


Two things happened today:

1. I found this website...WHOA NELLY!!
2. I got my first recipe request from my S-I-L, which happens to use a crockpot and is super easy! So what perfect timing...

You all have probably made this or a variation of it.

Roast with gravy

1 Roast* (just needs to fit in the pot, but whichever size works best for your family will be just fine.)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 envelope of Lipton onion soup mix

Place roast in crock pot. Season with salt and pepper on both sides. Mix cream of mushroom soup and onion soup mix on top of roast. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.

Sister adds water to hers, but I choose not to do that. (The gravy tastes a little richer to me without adding water.) We usually don't, but you can of course add potatoes, carrots, and/or onions if you choose.

*The Former Roommate would even make this same recipe using pork tenderloin. SO GOOD either way and very tender!!! The Dish Washer and I usually like to take the leftovers and spoon it over toast for an open faced sandwich!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Also good with a can of French Onion Soup and Golden Mushroom soup - AOTC's office mate's version