What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Friday, October 10, 2008

Chili


The Dish Washer loves my chili. He says it is the best that he has ever had. He doesn't have a very sophisticated pallet if that is what he thinks. I sure hate to disappoint you all, but there is nothing exciting about my chili. Really. Nothing that I do to it and no secrets that I add to it. Ready in about 15 minutes. I hate to be this way, but I am loyal to certain brands. For instance, the only peanut butter I buy is Jif! Some might say that is all in my head, but this recipe will give specific brands.

Chili

1-1/2 lbs. ground beef
onion, chopped
1 pkg. McCormick Original Chili Seasoning Mix
1 (15 oz.) can Hunt's tomato sauce
1 can Bush's chili beans

Brown beef and onions in pot; drain. Add remaining ingredients and cook until warmed through.

THAT'S IT!! Tomorrow is the big family cook-out again. I'll post what we eat and take pictures of new things - if I can remember.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Pumpkin arrangement!! You will have to teach me how to make that (maybe next year when I don't have a newborn :)). I am loving all the soup recipes you posted. I need to make some up and freeze them for when Madeline gets here.
As always I love to see what you are "cooking up".
Ashley G.

Diana said...

I can't take credit for the pumpkin! A co-worker made it for the wedding shower they threw for me and that was the best picture I had to add a little fall to the page, although I could tell you how she made it because I asked her to explain it to me. Can't wait for Madeline to get here...I'll make you some soup when it is my turn to bring you some food after she gets here. Just tell me which one you want the most... :)