What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Friday, May 16, 2008

Baked Beans


This weekend is the big fam jam semi-annual rib cookout!! YUMMY!! Sister has requested that I post this recipe because I think she is going to be making this. What she isn't remembering is that she probably already has the recipe. When she and The Chicken Farmer were getting married, our family gave a "Stock the Pantry" shower and brought their favorite recipes and the ingredients. This one is from our Great Uncle. I will give the recipe just as he did. Sister, I doubled it last time for the cookout.

Baked Beans

2 cans Pork n Beans (The Cook's sidenote - I use 1 large 50 oz.ish can)
1/2 c. ketchup
1 tbsp. mustard
2 tbsp. grated onion (I like a lot of onion, so I throw in more.)
1/3 c. brown sugar
bacon

Combine above stuff and put in pan. Lay 3 or 4 slices of bacon on top. Bake in oven 350 for about 35 minutes. Then just give me a call. XXX-XXXX.

No comments: