What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Creamy Dill Slaw

Yesterday we cheered our team on from the house and it was so nice to not have anywhere to be. The Dish Washer insists on eating good gameday food whenever we aren't at the game, so we had Bubba Burgers on the grill. These burgers are our favorite frozen burgers, if you don't feel like making your own. To go with it, we had baked beans and this yummy slaw. If you are a dill pickle lover like we are, you will love this. Sister started making it for us some time back when we had the family cook-out. I don't really know the exact measurements, so I am just going to tell you what I do. Maybe, if she has the exact measurements written down somewhere, she will add them to the comment section.

Creamy Dill Slaw

1 bag of angel hair slaw (or, in my case yesterday, I chopped 1/2 head of cabbage)
mayonnaise
dill pickle cubes and juice
freshly ground black pepper

I place slaw in large mixing bowl. I take 2 heaping tablespoons of mayonnaise and put on top of slaw. Then I add 2 heaping tablespoons of dill pickle cubes and pour in some juice to mix with mayo. I stir well with the slaw and then add more mayo or dill pickles cubes, depending on the taste. Then I ground black pepper on top of slaw and stir. I happen to use A LOT of black pepper, but that will depend on how much you like. Refrigerate and serve.

Sorry to not be exact with this one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is never any exact with Sister. She just puts stuff in until it meets her expectations. You seem to be able to do that too. Works for y'all so I am trying to learn to do the same thing. See...you can teach an old dog new tricks! MOTC