What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes

I first had these for Thanksgiving with The Dish Washer's family. We loved them, so I decided to make them for a dinner at our house. I always get a little nervous when cooking what could be considered "out of the ordinary" things for friends. You never know who will like what, but I went with it anyway. Maybe I should stick with something like Championship Potatoes?!?!

The recipe for Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes came from Kraft. You can use from the recipe whatever you would like. I chose to omit the nuts. After I added the cinnamon, I believe I remember my mother in law saying she didn't use that when she made them at Thanksgiving. It wasn't bad, but it tasted more cinnamony than I remembered. Is that even a word?

And don't be concerned with Neufchatel cheese...it's just the 1/3 less fat version of regular cream cheese. Who knew? Since company was coming, I just used the real deal because that is what I had in the fridge!

No comments: