What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Chile Verde Pork Balls

I saw a recipe for beef meatballs using salsa verde and decided to try my own spin on it.  I opted for ground pork instead of beef.  The Dish Washer loved this, but it was WAY TOO HOT for me!!!  Next time, I will look for MILD salsa.  Here's what I did...(already forgot about pictures again)

Chile Verde Pork Balls

2 lbs. ground pork
1 egg
1 onion, chopped fine
1/2 c. oats
cumin powder to taste
salt and pepper to taste
1 jar of salsa verde (watch out for heat!!)
Sour cream

In a bowl, combine first 6 ingredients and form into meatballs.  In a large skillet, cook balls until done.  Once they are done, pour salsa over the top, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.  If you would like to have a thicker sauce, uncover and turn up the heat stirring constantly until it reaches the consistency you would like it to be.  Serve with sour cream to cut the heat.

These also went in the freezer once they were completely cooked (with the sauce) and The Dish Washer can eat them later for lunch!

No comments: