What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Oatmeal Cookies

We spent the afternoon at the lake visiting new friends in their new town and new home!  The only housewarming thing I could come up with was to make something from the kitchen.  I decided on the universal oatmeal cookie.  Most people like them, so I didn't think I could go wrong.  These were some of the best oatmeal cookies I have made.  Some cookie flavors I prefer chewy and less crispy, but oatmeal cookies are good crunchy...to me, anyway!  These have a good crispness to them.

Oatmeal Cookies

1 c. shortening
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. sugar
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
1-1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
3 c. oats

In a bowl, cream together shortening and sugars.  Add in eggs and vanilla until well incorporated.  In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl.  Stir in to cream mixture.  Then add oats until well mixed.  Drop by spoonful on ungreased baking sheet.  Bake at 350 for 14 minutes.  (You could bake for less time if you don't want them too crispy.) 

No comments: