What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Cake Batter Ice Cream


Loosen those buttons on the pants because the cooking here has been rich this weekend and I have been dying to share the recipes with you!  I mentioned the last time I made Vanilla Ice Cream that I wanted to find a recipe that was creamier and more like fresh from the carton ice cream!  I HAVE FOUND IT!!!  Tonight we had an ice cream social at church and I knew it would be the perfect time to make it and try it out.  It was a hit and it is super easy to make.  And thankfully, it is all gone so I didn't have to come home and worry about eating too much.  I will never make another homemade ice cream recipe again.  The great thing about this recipe is you can use whichever cake batter you like the best to make the different flavors. (vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, etc)  Tonight I used yellow cake mix.  I wonder if the cake mix helps to make it creamy?  Regardless, this is the creamiest homemade ice cream (instead of frozen milk) I have ever had.  YUM!

Cake Batter Ice Cream

1 c. milk
2 c. heavy cream
3/4 c. sugar
2/3 c. cake mix
1 tsp. vanilla

In a large bowl, combine milk, sugar and cake mix.  Whisk together being sure to eliminate clumps until sugar dissolves.  Add in cream and vanilla.  (I allow the cream mixture to sit in the fridge for a few hours to make sure the sugar dissolves.)  Pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to your  maker's directions.  Once frozen, place in a separate container and place in freezer until ready to serve.

No comments: