What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Hasselback Potatoes


Last night, I made Taco Meatloaf and I used a peach salsa I had in the pantry to change it up a bit.  It was really good and inspired by PW's peach bbq chicken (although that was a heck of a lot of whiskey!) she had posted that morning.  I'd love to make that soon.  But in the meantime, the peach salsa held me over.  I had some baking potatoes that I really wanted to use up and have always wanted to try this recipe, but just never did until now!  It was so easy and is pretty to serve.  It is a cross between a baked potato and roasted potatoes.  Is it crazy that I always think of Elizabeth Hasselback when I think of this recipe!

Hasselback Potatoes

baking potatoes (however many you are serving)
olive oil
fresh garlic cloves, sliced
salt and pepper to taste

Slice potatoes 3/4 way through the potato, the whole length of the potato.  Use two wooden spoons as your cutting guide by placing two spoons on each side of the potato.  That keeps the knife from going all the way through the potato.  Place a slice of garlic in between potato slices.  I did every 3 or 4 slices but you can do more or less depending on how much garlic you like.  Toss in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Bake at 425 for 1 hour.  (I may or may not have dotted some butter on the potatoes half way through cooking!)  :)

No comments: