What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

King's Hawaiian Famous French Toast



Man, oh, man was this a treat this morning.  We are celebrating our inner (non-existent) Cajun today for Mardi Gras and began our day with this recipe for King's Hawaiian Famous French Toast.  The recipe for the French toast is pretty basic, but may I suggest you use King's Hawaiian bread next time you make it?  I've always enjoyed their dinner rolls.  It was a delicious change.  I used half of a round loaf and got 8 thick slices of bread.  The other half of bread I put in the freezer for later.  This morning when I first got up (at 6:00), I went ahead and sliced the bread and allowed it to sit and dry out on the counter a little bit.  We ate breakfast at 8:00, so it had good time to dry just enough to really soak up the custard mixture.

King's Hawaiian Famous French Toast

--

I've got an easy crock pot Jambalaya going for supper tonight.  If it turns out any good, I will try to share that.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!!

No comments: