What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Thursday, March 1, 2012

French Dip Crescents



When The Dish Washer has a day in his home office, I can count on hearing the following:  "What's for lunch?"  I keep a weekly menu plan and try to keep up with those days to keep him from, heaven forbid, eating a hot dog or peanut butter crackers or a grilled cheese sandwich like we may eat for lunch when he isn't here.  When I saw this recipe on Pinterest, I knew it would make a great lunch for when he is home.  It was great, super easy to throw together and hit the spot.  I think it will also make a great appetizer.

French Dip Crescents

1 can crescent rolls
thinly sliced roast beef
provolone or mozzarella or Swiss cheese
horseradish or ranch dressing
Au jus for dipping

Preheat oven at 375.  Unroll crescent rolls.  Spread horseradish or ranch dressing over roll.  Layer with roast beef and cheese.  (Slices of cheese will probably be easiest, but I only had shredded and it worked fine.)  Roll largest end to smallest end.  Place on baking sheet and bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown.  Dip with au jus.  (I used a can of pre-made au jus.  They also make packets or you can make homemade.)

No comments: