What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Friday, March 2, 2012

Nutella Pie with Nutter Butter Crust



What is a good meal for some of your favorite company without a proper dessert?  I've had this one marked for a while waiting for the perfect time to make it...a time where I knew I would have help eating it instead of eating the whole thing by my big, pregnant self.  This pie is a great mix of French Silk Chocolate Pie and a very light cheesecake.  There is no baking involved and even though I made my own crust, you could easily substitute a graham cracker crust to cut down on preparation time.  I happen to love peanut butter and chocolate together.  This is delicious and super easy to make.

Nutella Pie with Nutter Butter Crust

24 Nutter Butter cookies
1/4 c. melted butter
2 (8 oz) blocks of cream cheese, softened
3/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. Nutella
1/2 c. whipping cream

In a food processor, pulse cookies until a fine crumble.  Pour melted butter over cookies and mix well.  Press into a 9-inch pie shell sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.  Refrigerate until crust has set.  For filling, whip cream cheese and sugar until well blended.  Scrape down sides and continue mixing in vanilla and Nutella.  Once combined, scrape down sides again and add whipping cream.  Mix on medium high for 3 minutes or until very thick.

Pour filling into chilled pie shell.  Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.  I served with a dollop of fresh whipped cream on top.

No comments: