What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Chicken and Biscuit Dumplings


Not much time, because I want to watch the BCS game. There is also no picture to go with this one, because none of the ones I took turned out. I had more help in the kitchen with this one from My Buddy. Mom made her chicken and dumplings like this when we were growing up. They are SOOOO good! There really is no particular recipe to how much of each thing to use, so I will tell you what I think I used. You can add or take away whatever floats your boat!

Chicken and Biscuit Dumplings

3 large chicken breasts (enough for about 3 c. shredded chicken)
chicken bouillon cubes
1 stick of butter (HELLO!)
1 (10 count) can of refrigerated biscuits
pepper to taste

In a large pot, place chicken and just barely cover with water. Add 1-2 bouillon cubes to the water and boil until chicken is cooked. Remove and shred chicken. Reserve approximately 2 c. of the chicken broth (unless you like yours more soupy...then keep more water). In same pot, add 1 stick of butter to the broth. (You can add less if you are scared of butter!!) Open can of buscuits and flatten each biscuit. Then cut into pieces. Drop into lightly boiling broth, being careful to stir while adding so that the biscuits don't all stick together. After about 5 minutes of cooking, add shredded chicken. Season with pepper and serve.

Mmmmmmm

4 comments:

Amanda said...

how many chicken bu. cubes???

Diana said...

I did 2 last time I made it. It will depend on how much chicken flavor you want your stock to have. Sometimes the cube container has a ratio of how many to use to water ratio. I'll pay attention next time I make it and try to get a more precise recipe. Sorry about that!

McCrory Family said...

Diana - I made this recipe earlier in the week and it was divine!! My hubby and I are huge Chicken and Dumplings fans so it was nice to find an easy and quick recipe. The only thing I did differently was use chicken broth to cover the chicken instead of water and bu. cubes and I added some poultry seasoning. :)

Diana said...

Sounds good! I'm glad that you liked it and that it was quick and easy for you!