What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Last-Minute Lasagna


This past Thursday night, I had The Former Roomy, The Baby Daddy (her hubby), The Son of a Preacher Man (her brother) and The Cupcake Baker (his girlfriend) over for dinner. They wondered what their names would be...what do you think? :) It was a blast.  I was enjoying their company more than I was worried with taking a picture, I guess. The Dish Washer was out of town, so he missed out. We got to talk about the new baby and old times growing up (catching trees on fire and wrecking with rednecks come to mind).

Here's the story behind the recipe: Our friends had us over for dinner one night several years ago, and we were served this. It was so good, so I knew I wanted to make it for my crowd. The first time we had these same friends over to dinner at our house, they brought me a copy of Real Simple: Meals Made Easy. What do you know? It included this recipe. I was planning our menu at work, so I emailed Ashley for a little help with the recipe. Thanks again!!

Last-Minute Lasagna

1 (24-26 oz.) jar pasta sauce
2 (16-18 oz.) bags frozen cheese ravioli, unthawed
1 (10 oz.) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed to remove excess water
1 (8 oz.) bag shredded mozzarella
1/2 c. grated Parmesan

Heat oven to 350. Spoon 1/3 of the pasta sauce into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Place half of the ravioli on top of the sauce in a single layer. Sprinkle with the spinach and half of the mozzarella. Layer on the remaining ravioli (you may not need all of them). Top with the remaining sauce and mozzarella and the Parmesan. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake until bubbling, 5 to 10 minutes more.

**I found that I had to allow mine to bake longer than the suggested time, so just check center of lasagna before removing foil.

I served this with SALAD (spring mix greens, craisins, walnuts and balsamic vinegarette...normally it includes feta cheese that is delicious with it, but I left that off since The Former Roomy is pregnant), French bread, and cake balls using spice cake mix.
--


Meet Buttercream! She is my new dutch oven that I am so excited to have. She is the most beautiful pot I have ever seen! I got her as an early birthday gift from my parents. I have big plans for her!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay...I want a name too. Ashley is just too boring! I am glad the recipe turned out well...I did not realize it was in that cookbook too. So glad!

Anonymous said...

Buttercream does look like she belongs in your kitchen. MOTC

Anonymous said...

I am really getting tech savvy....I just figured out how to be MOTC!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new addition to your family. I love the name :)

Anonymous said...

I read your blog entry to "Baby Daddy" and we were both laughing out loud! You are very creative with your names. We really enjoyed dinner. I will have to wait for a while before I try the lasagna. We are having the pork chops with saffron rice tonight. So yummy. Now it's your turn to come eat with us!
~Former Roomy

Anonymous said...

I saw that this recipe was repeated in the current issue of RS. It was the top requested recipe on the internet. How funny that we were just talking about it.