What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Lazy Girl's Green Bean Bundles

I lied! I did make something tonight that hasn't been on the blog yet! I love Green Bean Bundles, but they can be "fussy" just for the two of us to eat at home. I like to take my favorite bundle recipe and just throw it in a dish and bake. Less trouble = same great taste! I'm going to give the true bundle recipe, and then I will tell you what I did.

Green Bean Bundles

2 cans whole green beans
1 c. brown sugar
2 tsp. mustard
Bacon to wrap

Drain beans. Mix sugar and mustard. Pour over beans and mix well. Divide into bundles and wrap 1/2 slice bacon around each bundle and secure with a toothpick. Bake 30 minutes at 350.

**Since this is the lazy version, the beans don't have to be whole. This time I happened to use cut beans. (That I got on sale for $.36/can!) I drain and put in baking dish. Then I sprinkle the brown sugar and mustard and mix right in that dish togehter. Then I lay some bacon on top and bake following above directions or until bacon is crispy.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had these tonight with roast (Hormel - tastes just like mama's) and MiMi Till's brown rice. I used french style gb's and they were great. Much easier than the recipe with soy sauce and garlic salt.