What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Monday, March 2, 2009

Layered Salad



Saturday night was our supper club and I took this salad. (It went with a yummy Chicken Spaghetti, bread and chocolate!!) Sunday morning we woke up to our backyard looking like this:


Such a fun treat! There are still a few snow patches in the shaded spots, but for the most part all gone! That's southern snow for you! Now onto this recipe: Sister used to make this all the time for our family cook-out. I think it is supposed to be 7-layers, but she probably didn't like whatever that 7th layer (probably peas or something like that) was and decided to leave it out. That's why I just decided to call it Layered Salad.

Layered Salad

1 bg. lettuce
1 bg. spinach (end stems pinched off)
1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
8 eggs, hard boiled and chopped (original recipe called for 10)

Layer in order given. Mix the following and spread on top:

1 c. mayo
1/2 c. sour cream
1 pkt. ranch dressing mix

Toss with cheese before serving. (I went ahead and added my cheese to the layers and it turned out fine.)

--

I am attempting to cut our grocery bill in half or better! So far pretty successful and now I am completely addicted to couponing! (Even though I just really started this weekend!) My favorite blog to read about couponing and saving is Southern Savers because everything is completely mapped out for me. I learn by doing, so this is teaching me how to look for and get the best deals! I was so sad to think about it because I like to cook such fun things on the spur of the moment and was thinking that was going to come to a screeching halt...UNTIL I saw this! She is teaming up with Southern Plate and will be coming up with recipes using all of our sale items! I'm so excited!! Check 'em out! The Dish Washer says I am the new CFO of our household and he is the CEO! I was cracking up thinking about this on the way to work this morning!

No comments: