What really matters?

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Friday, March 27, 2009

Oven Pork Chops

I've made a return to the kitchen! I came across this recipe from the Junior League cookbook of my college town. The ingredients sound very unusual together, but I knew they would have to be good. (Because who wants to put something gross in a cookbook with their name attached to it? I DON'T!) Anyway, this was very easy and I had everything in my pantry/fridge that I needed. Yes, I am staying on my budget of $30/week for groceries. I'm even coming a little under. WOO HOO! This is the original recipe. I used 5 VERY THIN (because they are cheap!) pork chops.

Oven Pork Chops

6 pork chops
1 Tbsp. oil (I just sprayed some olive oil)
salt and pepper
1 can cream of chicken soup
3 Tbsp. ketchup
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 medium onion, thinly sliced (I sauteed because The Dish Washer doesn't like crunch)

Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Brown chops in oil. Place drained chops in casserole dish. Combine chicken soup, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and onion, then pour over pork chops. Cover and place in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.

No comments: